Search This Blog

Thursday, 3 May 2012

Voters' Rights

There are many things I love about the UK - politicians are not one of them. All of which makes it very difficult when it comes time to exercise your democratic right to vote. Today presented such an opportunity as the folks of London got to vote for the next mayor.



But given the fact that this effectively means making a choice between Ken "Gollum" Livingston or Boris "Wurzel Gummidge" Johnson, it feels less like a democratic right than a trip to the dentist. Which is to say that both candidates leave me pretty cold.

However, when it came down to it I felt that not voting would take away my right to complain for the next five years. In the end I did cast a vote, though not for either of the leading candidates.

So now it's time to sit back and enjoy the outcome of the electoral race (to the bottom).

No comments:

Post a Comment