Search This Blog

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Arrivals and Departures

Starting a blog presents an obvious difficulty - what to write? The more I thought about what I wanted to write, the more it dawned on me that I am constantly thinking about my next journey - to "sling your hook" is to pick up your life and travel to another place.

Most of the time I'll use my camera as a way of guiding me to places and things that I find interesting. Architecture will provide the inspiration for much of what I write about, especially those overgrown and slightly threatening vacant spaces between all the shiny new buildings.

I also enjoy wandering around recording random things that catch my eye. So expect a healthy smattering of everything from the downright incongruous (things I find in charity shops) through to the obvious and everyday (street signs).

So the very loose thread holding together this blog is the theme of "arrivals and departures" - life's ultimate journey! But it will more likely end up being a collection of totally unrelated items arranged in some kind of order.




Charity shop treasure: my trusty Super Viewer 3-D



Matching images of Makkak and Medina


No comments:

Post a Comment